3 months ago
- Director and all teachers hold a minimum B.S. in Early Childhood, Elementary or Special Education and are certified and licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Education
- Assistant Teachers meet State and National Academy for Early Childhood Program Standards
- Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapist and Adaptive Physical Education specialists are certified in their specific disciplines
Program Staffing All staff is chosen for their commitment to improving the lives of young children and their families. Each class is staffed with a teacher and a teacher's assistant with no more than 15 children in our 4 year old classes, 3 year old classes have no more than 10 children.
Accreditations Accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs (NAEYC) May 2005 Approved by the Massachusetts Department of Education - Division of Early Learning Services.
Our Philosophy The Bellingham Early Childhood Program recognizes that parents are the first teachers of their children. We work with families of children ages three through six, forming a partnership for quality education and care. Our staff values the uniqueness of each child, and is committed to providing a safe, nurturing, positive environment. Focusing on a balance of activities appropriate for young children, the curriculum gives equal regard to all areas of development, cognitive, social, emotional, aesthetic, and physical.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To be comfortable, curious, creative, critical in their thinking
- To be planners, doers, evaluators
- To be life-long learners
- To be teaching and learning partners with BECP
- To assist at all levels with our shared goals for their children
- To be part of the BECP community
- To be honest, comfortable, caring within the BECP community
- To grow and learn with and through the children, families and colleagues
- To be true to the values and ethics of the profession